This is one of my personal favourites, reminds of my childhood, when my grandma used to make something similar. It was vegan back then, and it still is in my current setup. Really delicious and good filling food for a late snack or breakfast.
Vegan bean spread
Write a review
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 240g red kidney beans (canned or boiled)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp tahini
- 25ml squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry
- 75ml water
- Start by cutting the vegetables in small bits, then add the rest of the ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor.
- I personally use a Vitamix 5200 and start from slow speed to high speed for about 1-2 minutes. It really depends on the power of your blender of food processor. Once you get the texture you want you can just stop the machine.
- If you want to make the beans from scratch (not canned). I would advise you to leave them in water for a day before and boil for around 30minutes in medium heat.
Bucataria lui Bogdan http://bringthespoons.com/